Do you have a problem with spiders in your home? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, a common search is “spider exterminator near me.” Spiders are one of the most common pests in our area of Western New York, and spider control can be very difficult to handle. A spider pest control service is always the safest way to go, however you may want to give it a go yourself.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to deal with spider control, and how to get rid of an obvious spider pest problem. We’ll also provide tips on spider control and how to prevent them from coming back. So if you’re having trouble with spiders, read on for some helpful spider advice!
1. The best way to get rid of spiders is to prevent them from entering your home in the first place.
To keep spiders out, regardless of the spider species, start with a thorough inspection of the interior of your home or business. You need to be sure that all the entrances into your home are tightly secured. A good cold day would be good for this because if you can feel a drafty stream of air, then you likely located an entry point for a spider too.
If a hole exists anywhere near an area where there’s potential for spiders (and ants!) to enter (like around windows), then seal it off with caulking, weather stripping, or other suitable materials designed for the specific area and job. A spider can fit through the most suprising places!
Spider species vary in a home or business, and so do their type of webbing, however you should make sure that any spider webs are removed as soon as they’re discovered. This will help cut down on the spider pest population and prevent it from growing too large.
2. Inspect your home exterior for cracks and gaps that spiders could use as entry points.
When it comes to spider home security, the exterior of your home or business is no different. Make sure you inspect for any cracks or gaps in order that they may not enter through these points-of penetration before spiders find their way inside. Common spots for spiders to enter are under doors, foundation cracks, plumbing or electrical fixtures, garages, attic spaces, and most of all, leaving windows and doors open.
Some homeowners really should consider hiring professionals for this task. Professional pest control services/exterminators can spot trouble spider entry areas easily then suggest how to repair it.
3. Trap the spiders using sticky traps or glass jars.
To keep your home safe from spiders, try using sticky traps where you think they are entering or trafficing. When you see a spider, use a glass jars or any kind of container to capture them. Spiders are living creatures too, so helping them escape by capturing them and relocating them outside is just a kind thing to do. But that’s really up to your comfort level of course.
4. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck them up.
If you simply don’t want to deal with spiders at all, no worries. Use a vacuum cleaner and suck them into the container for disposal. Keep in mind though, a spider may live through being sucked up so be sure to dispose of the vacuum debris outside.
5. If all else fails, call an spider exterminator to get rid of them permanently.
The best way to get rid of spiders is to call a spider exterminator. Spider exterminators use specialized equipment and techniques to get rid of spiders quickly and effectively. Exterminators can also provide tips on how to prevent spiders from coming back.
Using an exterminator for most people is much easier and effective than trying to get rid of spiders on your own. A pest control externminator, especially one who knows the various spiders species, will have access to special tools designed specifically for spider removal as well as other pest control options on hand.
Even better yet: contact me, Don Leberth at Flytech Extermination for a free quote. Let me help you rid those spiders!
- Don LeBerth is a 20+ year licensed professional exterminator from Williamson, NY. His expertise in pest control and prevention is derived from on-going training and hands-on experience, and he uses this to educate his customers.
- Ant ExterminationJanuary 31, 2023Types of Stinging and Venomous Ants near Rochester, NY: Understanding and Preventing Infestations
- Ant ExterminationJanuary 18, 2023Step-by-Step Guide to Quickly and Easily Get Rid of Ants in Your Home
- Spider Pest Control ServicesFebruary 10, 2022How to Get Rid of Spiders: The Ultimate Guide